BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 18, 2010

Welcome to the Machine

Once upon a time I regarded bread machines as the epitome of laziness in the baking department. However I found that I just did not have the time to spend making bread traditionally all the time, and so I bought a machine of my own. I've since found that my initial impression of bread machines was crap. I use mine at least twice a month and the bread is always fluffy and delicious. Here's my favorite recipe for white bread.

White Bread 1.5 lb (Rapid Rise)

1cup + 2tbsp warm water
1 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 Tbsp Dry Milk
3 1/4 Cups White Flour
2 1/2 tsp Active Dry Bread Machine Yeast

-Select White cycle 1.5 lb
-Select Light Crust
-Make sure Rapid is selected
-Start Machine

Bread will be hot, remove immediately and cool on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment